News and Announcements
The City of Coquitlam has opened up Mobilio field for practice tomorrow night. Should there be patches of ice, snow, or standing water than makes practice dangerous, we are advised to end practice early and not risk injury. We will have to assess on the night. TBC.
Maddy will post the updated game schedule on team pages as she is able – but for now, please see the draft below until Feb 8th. Please check against the VWFHA website for mistakes. I can not stress enough how important it is for me to have the majority of team members available for games heading into the last 3 weeks. I will have 3 sometimes 4 games myself per weekend, so I appreciate not having to chase players for their availability. Please update each week by EOD Wednesday.
Sat 18-Jan Hamber 10:30am Div 2 Strikers vs Eagles 2 (CXLD – 2B rescheduled to make-up weekend #2 – TBC)
Sat 25-Jan Div 2 – Eagles 2 vs Hawks 1 MOVED to Week 17, H1 not available – See Feb 1st
Sat 1 – Feb Hamber 12:00noon Div 2 Hawks 1 vs Eagles 2 from Week 16
Sat 8-Feb Coq 1:00pm Div 2 Eagles 2 Elite Selects
Games after Feb 8th TBC.
Our Saturday Jan 18th game has been CANCELLED due to poor weather and field conditions. No surprise there. Please note that this means that the next few weeks games are going to be a hot mess of game times and schedules- and likely that we will have some double header games (Saturdays and Sunday’s) coming up. Not my favourite plan, but it is what it is. Stay tuned. I will keep you posted as I know details.
Div 1 – CHAMPS – Please contact Cyd by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by text at 604-992-6540 if you are interested in playing with our Champs (Currently Div 1 team) this Sunday Jan 19th at UBC, weather permitting. Details below. It is an excellent opportunity for players to gain some high-level experience with one of the best teams in the province. If the game is cancelled, Cyd will contact you. Details below.
Div 1: Sun, Jan. 19 1:30PM, TC Eagles 1 vs VRC Jokers 1, Wright Field, UBC
Please help out Div 1 if you are able. I would appreciate and respect that so very much and hope that we can pay it forward given the support and help we have received as a team this year.
DIV 2: In terms of our Saturday game, please expect to play unless otherwise advised. I know that with the current snow outside it seems a stretch, but as you all know, Vancouver weather can change overnight. Heavy rains and warmer temperatures are expected, and the forecast keeps changing hourly, so stay tuned. Please update your availability for Saturday by 6pm tonight if you have not already. Thanks,
*My plan: Usually the VWFHA rep is at the field by 7:30am-8:00am checking field conditions which are then posted on the VWFHA front page. I will be checking this regularly , and also updating details via Team Pages. I will send out a message as soon as I know and will do my best to communicate the information before you need to leave your homes. It is not a perfect process so please be patient. Text me if you have questions.
Lastly, Div 1 (Frank’s team) is needing some players for their Sunday game against Jokers at UBC.
Sun, Jan. 19 1:30PM @ Wright Field, UBC. If you can play, please email Frank -email@example.com, and Cyd – firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm. They could sure use the help and all players are welcomed.
Cheers and thanks,
The City of Coquitlam has currently closed Town Centre fields, and with the current -10 temperatures, I don’t suspect them to be playable tomorrow, therefore I am cancelling practice tomorrow, Tues Jan 14th. Enjoy the night off!!!
With regards to the game this weekend, it is possible that the snow will clear and the game will be on. We will need to all check the VWFHA website on game day to see if the game moves forward. We should see notification on the VWFHA website by 9am on the site. I will send out an email via team pages as soon as I know details.
Thanks so much for your patience and understanding.
I will likely look to wrap up practice around 9:15pm tonight. Temperatures are dropping quickly, so please dress warmly and in layers. It is clear by my house, buy very cold.
As a heads up for next week – temperatures are expected to plummet to -10 and lower M-W, so please stay tuned for my updates regarding practices, and potential game cancellations.
See you soon,