Postponement of 2020 Season for Junior Field Hockey Until May 2, 2020

Posted by Tri-City Eagles Field Hockey Club on Apr 01 2020 at 04:33PM PDT

Dear Parents and Players

We hope this e-mail finds you all well in this most challenging of times. Most of us I suspect have never faced such a global assault on our health and happiness and the attendant steps necessary to see us get through the pandemic.

In a previous e-mail I mentioned that the season had been postponed until the week after Easter. We were trying to be optimistic in the duration of the Covid situation in the hope that things would improve to the point that it would be safe to proceed with the season. We’re not done yet but , the cancellation of the entire season could very well be a reality. It will only be safe to proceed if the Provincial Health Officer gives the green light. The safety of all involved is much more important than the loss of one season of play.

We have had a few calls asking about possible refunds in the event of cancellation so we have put together an action plan as to how we would like to proceed. I’ll outline our proposed plan so that you’ll know how things would happen.

Our long-standing Club Policy is that all refunds are subject to an administrative fee of $25.

A great deal of time and expense goes into the preparation for the hockey season ( purchasing uniforms , equipment and so on ) so we would like to suggest that you may want to consider taking credit for the 2020 year which will be applied to the 2021 season . If you opt for the credit you will avoid the $25 administrative fee and any possible increase in the 2021 registration fee. If you take the credit you will register for 2021 in the normal manner but only need to select the 2020 credit box. Should you take credit and change your mind by the time 2021 rolls around you can still request a refund.

Many parents have made requests about 2020 team placement and we work very hard to meet those requests. We would certainly be prepared to honour those requests in 2021 by placing children back on their 2020 roster.

With close to 400 players registered for 2020 our most important goal would be not to be overwhelmed with requests should cancellation of the season become a reality! To that end, our plan would be to work with each age level , working down from U-18 to U-11 , and then proceeding to Minis ( 8/9 yrs ) and then Mites ( 4/5/6/7 ) . As each age level is dealt with we would move on to the next so watching your e-mail would be important. If it is your turn you would simply need to indicate credit or refund.

We have a wonderful hard-working treasurer but this would take some time.

Stay tuned for details as they emerge.
Brian and the TC Executive